Welcome to the 2012 season!
I would like to welcome everyone back and those new to the club. We are looking forward to exciting year with a number of deployments happening, including:
· Large representation on Committees and Departments – but still room for more for those that want to help our community club
· Sponsorship Department - its establishment, headed by Jameal Tooma. Email Jameal on firstname.lastname@example.org if your business can help sponsor or you know one that can.
· Merchandise Department - its establishment, headed by Jerome ‘Daf’ Carey, responsible for club apparel and merchandise. Keep an eye out behind the bar for the new apparel.
· Club Membership Cards – being rolled out in May. The von Bibra Holden team is supporting this initiative and helping us get off the ground – thank you to Warren, Martin, Tim for making it happen.
· Club review of operations - we appreciate that most of the resources put into the club are volunteer time, so Greg Coulter – a parent and previous club manager – is helping us document a manual ‘Demons – this is how we do it here’. The manual will become our operational guidelines for current and future volunteers, systemising our practices.
· Membership and Contact Management – implementation of the ‘Communigator’ Cloud based tool that will allow us to manage all our contacts, players, sponsors, communications, etc. The team at Communigator (www.communigator.co.nz) – Louise, Tim and Emma - are working closely with us to give us a tool that all team Coaches and Manager, and officials of the club, will have their own access ‘anywhere anytime’ to information that they need through the internet. I understand this is an Australian first for any Club (of any code) to be implementing a ‘Cloud’ system for use by all the officials, coaches and managers.
The above is a snippet of the work going on.
I want to acknowledge the time the coaches, team managers, committees and departments put in. We are one club and I am extremely proud to be working with these people who give their time to benefit of our kids, our sons, our girls (yes, we have an U18 girls team this year!) and players generally. These people are the nucleus of our club, so appreciate what they do for us and please support where possible.
Finally, thank you to the renewing sponsors and new ones. Rayor has signed for another three years as major Senior sponsors and likewise Bartercard has signed for the second year as major Junior sponsors. See the report below on other businesses supporting our Club.
Take care. Rich Neal
The senior football department are looking forward to commencement of the season proper, commencing Sunday, 15th April. The first game against Mayne, with the reserves being the first game starting at 11.00am, followed by the senior's at 1.00pm, and finishing with a twilight game with the under 18's at 4.15pm.
Our pre-season has been very solid, with good numbers in all grades, so player's have had to perform to another level to keep their spots in all grades. Senior coach Beau Zorko, is quietly confident of a much improved performance from what we seen last season, and from what we have seen so far, there is every reason to be.
Dave Sloan, is excited with the influx of young up and coming junior's pushing for game time in the reserves, it gives a lot of energy to the rest of the group, and there are some that will be pushing for senior selection.
The under 18's should be a force again this season, with Darren Searle at the helm again, they are ready to go, and playing on the same day as the senior's, and being part of the pineapple cup, should give them even more enthusiasm to perform at the next level.
As mentioned at the season launch, we welcome many new faces to the club, several player's that have left NEAFL clubs, those being, Korey Fulton, Aaron Rolfe, Tayler Rolfe, Darcy Dienjes (Broadbeach), Guy Tarrant (Mt. Gravatt), Daniel Ramage, Jesse Haberfield ex Surfers junior (S'port), also Nick Barling (Taylor Creek, Vic) , Josh Woods (Rennie FC, Vic) .
Look forward to seeing as many supporter's as possible on the 15th April, really give the boy's some home ground advantage, and support the social club, which is greatly appreciated.
Go the Dee Train - Phil Pope – Senior President
We have 240 juniors this year!
Round 1 starts tonight, Friday 13th April with our ‘Super 6’s’ and ‘Super 8’s’ on at 4pm till 5.45 pm, the afterwards our U16s div1 and 2 play.
On Saturday we play Southport (at home) across all ages U9, U10, U11, U12 div1 and div2, U14 div1 and div2. We have had an improved sign-on this year in numbers, and we have our U18 girl side starting in two weeks.
The Junior Department has a team of 8 people this year and a staff of coaches and managers of around 40! Thank you!
We are looking for another great year this year on and off the field as we build to make our club stronger.
Yours in football - Darren Carmichael - Junior President
Fees are now due and payable, they can be paid to Sue, at the bar, on a Thursday night. All fees should be finalised for both juniors and seniors prior to the first game.
If you require a payment plan, it will need to be approved by one of the Finance Department – email email@example.com. If you are opting for a payment plan, it will also need to be finalised prior to the first game.
If anyone is having difficulty in paying their fees on time, please contact:
Jason Bower - U/18 and Senior players
Darren Carmichael - Junior players
Otherwise you are welcome to discuss issues with Darren Taylor (Assistant Treasurer) or me.
Kim Meade (Treasurer)
Meals at the Club
Meals will be available for everyone at the Club on Thursday (6.30PM to 8.00PM) and Saturday (on Senior game day only) (5.30PM to 6.30PM) by our gourmet kitchen cook Wendy van Alphen.
Those that don’t know went, Wendy does runs her Fit Foot kitchen from our Club kitchen. Email Wendy on firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know you will be in for dinner so she can cater for numbers and not miss out. If you are interested in her Fit Food, visit www.fitfoodgoldcoast.com.au
Note to all Tradies or car buffs – new Holden Colorado
Members are welcome to go to von Bibra Holden Robina to check out the new Holden Colorado. The sneak preview is a guests only on Monday 16th, 6pm Holden showroom, at Robina dealership.
Everyone welcome - free drinks and nibbles. RSVP to 1300 310 646
Buying a new or second hand car?
If you buy a new or used car from von Bibra Holden Robina, let them klnow you are from our Club and if you buy we get $200! Speak to any sales person and tell them you are a Surfers Paradise Demons supporter.
GO DEES !!